The Indian government has started a scheme on 25 September 2001, called Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana to provide food and employment to the poor people reside in the rural area. The people that live below the poverty line will become eligible to get food grain and wages under this scheme.
Aim of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
The main objectives of this scheme are explained below :
- To enhance nutrition levels in all the rural areas of our country by providing food security.
- To afford extra and supplementary wage employment in the rural area.
- The secondary objective of the Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana is to create long-lasting community, infrastructural development, and economic assets in the rural areas.
Also Read : Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
Features of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
- The Panchayat Raj Institutions have deployed this scheme.
- The food grains and funds will be available to all the three tiers of Panchayat Raj Institutions such as district Panchayat, intermediate panchayat and village panchayat.
- The resources among the District Panchayat, Intermediate Panchayat and Village Panchayat, in a district, will be distributed in the ratio of 20:30:50.
- A certain quantity of food grains and 5 percent of the funds will be held back by the Ministry for using at the time of natural calamities or during chronical drought rural areas or for taking up safeguarding measures in the food-affected areas.
Benefits of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
This scheme is for people that are in need of wage employment. People that want to do manual and unskilled work in and around their residence can utilize this scheme. The benefits of the scheme are as follows :
- People affected due to natural calamities
- Parents of disabled children
- Agricultural wage earners
- Parents of child labor withdrawn from hazardous occupations
- Non-agricultural unskilled wage earners
- Marginal farmers
- Adult children of disabled parents who are desirous of working for wage employment
- Members of Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes
The above mentioned people can get benefit by joining in this Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana.
Works Under this Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
- Designation, renovation of traditional village tank or ponds.
- Infrastructure support for the Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar scheme.
- Socio-economic community assets.
- The infrastructure required for supporting agricultural activities in the Village Panchayat area.
- Community infrastructure for education including kitchen sheds, health and internal as well as link roads.
Protection for Women and Weaker
In this scheme, 50 percent of the funds will be sent to the village Panchayat for infrastructure development works in SC and ST localities. The Indian government is providing nearly 30 percent of employment chances to women, under this scheme. As a part of this scheme, 22.5% of the annual allocation including food grains allocated both at the district level and intermediate Panchayat level will be saved for the individual group beneficiaries of SC and ST families living below the poverty line. Minimum, 5 kg of food grains is provided to each labor as a part of his or her wages.