Overview / Details
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) Scheme was initiated with the objective of generating employment by providing the incentives to the employers who helped in creating the jobs. Under this initiative, the employers’ share of 8.33% towards the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) is given by the government for the first 3 years in the case of new employees.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana scheme basically targets the workers who earn less than 15000 per month.
- For the determination of submission form the employer needs to pay 3.67 per cent EPF contribution towards the new employees.
- For all the late submissions establishments are charged a penalty on EPF/EPS contributions. So as to avoid these employers are suggested to submit the PMRPY online form as soon as possible, preferably by the 10th of the succeeding month.
Requirement Documents / Eligibility
All establishments registered with Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can confer the benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) scheme but they are subjected to the following conditions :
- To avail, the benefits of Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) scheme the EPFO registered establishments should also have a Labour Identification Number (LIN) acquired under the Shram Suvidha Portal. This LIN will act as a reference for carrying out all the PMPRY official communications.
- Any new employee (a person who has not been working regularly in an EPFO registered organization prior to April 1, 2016 ) who earns more than Rs.15000 per month is not eligible for this scheme.
- The employers will continue to get 8.33% contribution paid by the Government for the eligible new employees for the first three years provided they continue work under the same employer. The 8.33% contribution will be paid by GOI only after the employer has transfers the 3.67% EPF contribution for the new employees each month.
- To avail the benefits of this scheme the eligible employers should append the list of new employees to the workers’ reference base
- The reference base for those establishments who have registered themselves with EPFO after 01 April 2016 will be considered as Zero/NL employees.
- The employers of the organisations will be held solely responsible for all the information furnished and if in any case the information is found to be erroneous the employer will be held liable and would be required to the pay penalties as per the Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, 1952.
- Moreover, to claim the benefits under the Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) scheme the establishment needs to have the following prerequisites:
-an organizational PAN
-a valid bank account and with the gateway through which the payments are received by the organisations,
-and the employee count in the organisation should increase on or after April 1, 2016. Can be apply on PMRYP website
The various benefits offered by the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) scheme are:
- The PMRPY scheme supports employers for creating more job opportunities.
- The scheme has been developed to cater social security benefits towards workers who have been employed in the organised sectors.
- The main motive of the PMRPY scheme is to award the incentives to those EPFO registered organisations who are helping in generating more jobs.
- Under this scheme, the government has also proposed a plan as per which it assures to pay 3.67% towards the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for the textile industry.