Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is the scheme by the government of India for Social security in pension and insurance, its also known as National Pension Scheme (NPS), As successful flow of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana this scheme being launched.
1.Overview / Details
The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a social security scheme launched by the Govt. of India for the welfare of workers of the unorganized sector. Under this scheme, the person is entitled to receive the fixed pension ranging between Rs. 1,000/- to Rs. 5,000/-. Any individual working in the private sector or employed in the organization which does not provide the pension benefit can subscribe for this scheme. The motive behind the implementation of the APY scheme was to give the Indian citizens with a sense of security on attaining the age of 60.
- Under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) scheme, the management of cash reserves is carried out by the Government Of India.
- The subscribers of this scheme are not entitled to opt their preference for investments or Pension Funds.
- The Atal Pension Yojana subscribers will only receive the benefits of co-contribution for 5 years.
- If by any means the subscriber fails or stops to make the monthly contributions then he/she is liable to pay the monthly penalty charges.
3. Requirement Documents / Eligibility
To receive the benefits offered by Atal Pension Yojana (APY), you are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The individual must hold the citizenship of India.
- The age criteria for availing APY benefits is 18-40 years.
- The beneficiary of this scheme should not be associated with any other social security system.
- Applicant enrolling under this scheme should not have a pre-existing APY Account.
- The person willing to avail the benefits of this scheme should have served the particular sector for the minimum period of 20 years.
- The applicant needs to possess an Aadhar linked bank account and a valid registered mobile number.
- Moreover, the existing subscribers of the Swavalamban Yojana will be automatic transfer to the Atal Pension Yojana.
- To avail the benefits of this APY scheme, one must have the following documents: a valid identity proof, address proof, photographs, a document indicating the date of birth, a savings bank account number with branch name and bank name.
The various benefits offered by the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) scheme are listed below:
- By subscribing to this pension scheme on reaching the age of 60 you are guaranteed to receive a monthly pension ranging from Rs. 1000-5000, depending upon the amount you invest over the years.
- Under the APY scheme, the government of India is entitled to contribute 50% of the subscriber’s contributed amount or Rs. 1,000 a year (whichever is lower) for a period of five years to low-income groups who do not fall under the tax regime.
- The subscribers of this scheme are liable to receive the tax benefits under Sec. 80 CCD for their contributions.
- Click here to get APY Statement